Solon United Methodist Church
Lead people of all ages in the congregation in music making experiences so that they may grow in understanding the Christian faith, develop and strengthen their relationship with God, become better equipped for daily living as faithful Christian disciples. The keyboardist/organist is under the direct supervision of the pastor.
· Provide appropriate piano/organ music for the traditional Sunday service utilizing a variety of musical styles.
· Rehearse weekly with the choir, other ensembles, soloists and other musicians as needed.
· Work with the Sanctuary Choir director to create a music ministry integral to worship.
· Establish a weekly personal rehearsal schedule which is calendared in the church office.
· Meet with the pastor, other music staff, and others responsible for planning and leading worship and other events to provide a comprehensive music ministry that moves worshippers closer to Christ.
· Submit the titles and composers of music literature to the church office to meet administrative deadlines for inclusion in the bulletin.
· Provide music for additional services during the year including Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter seasons.
· Provide accompaniment for funerals, memorial services and weddings.
· Provide substitutes for all absences.
· Oversee maintenance of church instruments.
· Faithful, joyful relationship with Jesus Christ
· Respect and regard for all people.
· Attested skills on the piano and organ.
· Collaborative skills to work with staff and congregation.
· Commitment to the church’s vision, mission leadership and congregation.
The mission and vision of Solon United Methodist Church is to make and mature disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We live the love of Jesus every day, caring and connecting people to Jesus Christ.